//lustrous pinion
minukkie

GREETINGS!



Entries About Links Reclist

Welcome

|LUSTROUS PINION|
within the depths of the insides

Disclaimer: Read this blog at your own discretion.

To navigate, please hover over the image. Thank you. :)


Lovenotes



Reading List

| Love Drunk |
by schreient_0
| Expectations |
by aquariuslover
| A Learning Process |
by little_passions
| Play The Keys to My Heart |
by sweetsweets
| I'm Yours, You're Mine |
by jaejoongah
| 1095 Days Later |
by meheartyunho
| Gravity |
by memoryRy
| Immortal Desires |
by walin
| The Agreement |
by SuperBlue
| Nanny 911 |
by Kairi_Ichigo
| Entrapped Into Love |
by OnyxAriezz
| Without A Trace |
by Ginseng

Photobucket


Credits

basecode: Nurul AtiQah
Edit by: Cikmimin
Re-Edited By: minukkie
Others:   


♥ JJ

I returned to my home country, to my beloved family, and I forgot about everything else. I guess I am a family person after all ;) I am here now though to say hi!

My uni drama is finally over. I finally graduated! ^_^ After three whole years of struggling the double major and being thousands of miles away from my comfort zone, it finally ended and I'm home at last. :D It feels good. I promised my sister that I would write a closing entry on the end of my student life. This entry is not about that, however. I'm here right now to spazz about the heart of my soul... :p Besides, the probability of myself continuing to Masters is very high considering I have already received an offer to do Master of Internati0nal Econ0mics & F1nance (purposely wrote it that way so that it won't turn up on google search LOL) from the same university I did my degree :D Thus my student status might still stand. However, it all depends on what my sponsors demands from me at this point. If they want me to continue my studies, then I shall. If they want me to start working for them right away, then so be it.

Anyways, let's get back to the point. It's the 27th of January today and there will be another session of Jaejoong's mini concert tonight I believe. I was only sure about the one on the 26th :p I'm not here to spazz about his concert though. But I did listen to the online streaming yesterday (by accident LOL). I was on twitter and someone re-tweeted something interesting about what's happening at the concert and I was curious. haha. It was quite nice really, to hear his voice in a totally different setting. I wish I was there to listen to him Live, but I hate to be surrounded by those crowd though... -_- utterly contradicting, unless I get to have him sing for me whenever I want. ;)


This video contains the review of Jae's music video of the song Mine. To be honest, I disliked the song at my first listen. Don't get mad at me just yet. I did like the teaser video of the MV though. The visuals are very very nice. The owl was cute, Jae's eyes were captivating, the colours - although a bit gloomy - was somehow really refreshing... I was actually looking forward to it despite being a tiny bit disappointed at the fact that the song was a rock song. I've had my faith on Jae you see... ;) I was very excited even, and I can't wait for it to be fully released.

But, I'm sorry to say that my hopes were crushed when I saw the full video. The music was too complicated for my ears (I have stopped listening  to Evanescence, Limp Bizkit, Creed, Linkin Park etc since ten years ago for reasons unknown so it's hard for me to accept all the buzzing again). I don't think Jae's voice fits very much in that composition. The song itself was good. Jae's vocal was sexy too, his high notes and rock voice was really nice to my ears. But I don't think they were able to blend perfectly together. As what my brother claimed; the song was really good, with J-rock settings to it, BUT the vocal spoils the feel. He's really a rocker if I could say so myself. He listens to the heaviest metals and Linkin Park songs can be considered as his jazz and R&B. So I do trust his judgement.

That was only my first impression, mind you. I still adore Jae very much despite all these (more than you think). I avoided listening to Mine for a few days and decided to wait for the whole album first before making any further analysis.  I was glad that the rest of the songs on his albums were closer to ballads and the like. And I was pleasantly surprised that his vocals has immensely improved. I enjoyed the slower songs very much and was able to enjoy the feels better than any of his previous solos. The magnificent control he had on his voice managed to pull at my heartstrings... If I've had known the Korean language by heart, I think he could make me cry too.

Jaejoong's piano compositions are always the best! (refer 2:12 onwards) And OMG those wings!!

After a while, I tried listening to Mine again. And not surprisingly, it gets better and better each time. Once I was in sync with the beat, I started to enjoy the song more and more. And not only that, the song has such a deep story behind it. :) Only one part that still slacked though. There is this word 'badaya' in the lyrics which means 'ocean' right? Well, in my language, there is a word which sounds very similar to it: pattaya. It is a very delicious dish actually. Yes, it's FOOD :D It is practically fried rice covered by omelette all over. Yummy~ Every time I listened to Mine and that line comes up, I can't help but have a little laugh. LOL. Sorry.


In this album, 나만의 위로 which translate to 'My Only Comfort' or 'Healing For Myself', is my most favourite track. The guitar's plucking was attractive and it adds to the mood at the beginning of the song. And there were bits of sweet violin too. The song picks up and as Jae starts calling out to his love, I would always find myself drifting away from the moment. His voice... I just can't get enough of it. And not to mention the composition was stunning. It seems effortless, but anyone could see how much of his heart had he put into it. And after he explained about the contents of this song in one of his interviews, I could feel butterflies all around my stomach for some reason each time I listened to this song again...


The lyrics were part of a true story it seems. He did buy the ring and all, and the girl really left him. It makes me wonder... Why is it that people always seem to leave him? Is there something wrong with him? Jae seemed like a person girls would fight to be with. He's good-looking, charming, loaded, smart, passionate, hard-working... As someone who studies finance, I really liked the fact that he knows what to do with all the money he had. He doesn't only use it to buy things for himself and for others, but he also invests them. He buys valuable properties and invest in busineses. For one, I can tell that his coffee shop will do well not only because he is well-known, but also because of the effort he puts on the details. The merchandises are really lovely, and the stunning decorations... oh my God, he's just brilliant. I wish that one day I'll get to visit his coffee shop and taste their Hot Chocolate. I do have this habit of tasting Hot Chocolates from everywhere :p Not only Hot Chocolates, but mineral waters too. I'm very fussy when it comes to the taste of mineral waters. If I go to convenient stores to grab some mineral water, I won't just grab any that's on the shelves. But if there are no other choices, only then I'll settle on what they have... I'm fussy, but I'm not picky ;)

Anyways, back to the point! I just think that the person who rejects him must've had problems. Or maybe there's really a side of Jae that no one knows about except for his family and his close friends. Or maybe those Korean girls just have too-high expectations. OR! Maybe Jae was the one having too-high expectations...? He must've had his own fantasies and his own insecurities which drove him to choose his moves wrongly. And it also may be due to the fact that he really really really desperately wants to be in love...

If I know Jaejoong personally, I would tell him to not give out his heart that easily. He deserves so much better. If it was me, maybe because of my own beliefs and consciences, I myself will not give my heart away until I am married to that person no matter to what extent the relationship may be. One of the reasons is that I'd like my husband to be the one and only person who holds my heart in that sense. Other than family, no other men can have a piece of my heart as something more than friendship. Men and women are created in pairs. Put your trust in God to let you meet your soulmate soon and do not let circumstances cloud your heart and sight... She's somewhere out there, she will come to you one day :)

Most of the songs in this solo album revolves around the idea of being heartbroken, lonely, and betrayed. I hope Jaejoong will compose more happy and hopeful songs in the future :) I will certainly look forward to it.

The rest are the videos of the other songs on his album (with subs) :D


ALL ALONE


내안 가득히 - the only song I considered as a 'happy' song xD This isn't composed or written by Jaejoong though. But the lyrics are really sweet ^^

One Kiss ;*



P/S: Ok so I learned about something just now. I'll just cut to the chase and say that the culture in Korea is just too different. This includes the flirting and wedding cultures. Gosh. But if we think about it, people might find ours very weird too. Because not just Korean culture, even arabs culture is very different from ours. Take our weddings for example... Malay weddings usually starts with the guy's parents coming to meet the girl's parents to ask for the girl's hand in marriage. Then they get engaged, then married. For arabs however, the got married first and gets engaged after. Sounds weird right? What is the purpose of being engaged after getting married. You could just get on with it! xD The logic however comes in as being that arabs don't date. When they like the person, they will first ask for their hand in marriage. After that they get married, and only then they start to get to know each other during the engagement period. I was told that they do not consumate their marriage after the wedding as how we usually know it. Instead, they will only consumate their wedding after the engagement period ends and the reception was held. This usually takes about a few weeks, and maybe even months after the solemnisation (marriage). Well, that's kind of like the opposite end of the spectrum I guess. Malay weddings aren't to that extreme :)